Easy Installation of ZenPhoto on DreamHost
- Log in to DreamHost control panel (do this first, as it takes a few mins to set up)
- Click on goodies -> mysql and create a db
- Whilst in the control panel go to domains -> manage domains, under the web hosting column, click [Edit].
When the page loads tick the box next to PHP5, and click the "Change fully hosted settings now!" button.
The effects will take a few minutes to propagate in your web server (5 to 10 mins). be patient! in the mean time:
- Download the latest version of zenphoto from zenphoto.org and unzip it
- Connect to your webserver
- Create a new folder, such as 'photos' and upload the unzipped files to it
- Go to http://www.yoursiteurl.com/the_folder_you_put_it_in/zen/setup.php
to check that everything has been uploaded.
Follow the instructions on the page, whilst also reading these instructions! There are some changes you need to make!
- (1) In your ftp client move to the 'zen' folder and rename config.php.example to config.php
Open the config.php file and edit it, changing the details to their appropriate values, IMPORTANT!:
$conf['mysql_host'] = "localhost"; // Probably won't need to change this.
as a Dreamhost user, you DO have to change this, as Dreamhost holds the databases on a different server, so therefor change it to database_name.site_name.com
- (2) Change the RewriteBase from '/zp' to '/your_folder_name'
- (3) Change the permissions on the 'albums' and 'cache' folders to 777, as per the instructions
- (4) Refresh the page you had open earlier: http://www.yoursiteurl.com/the_folder_you_put_it_in/zen/setup.php
logging in and click 'Go!'
Congratulations, you just got zenphoto working
I installed a new copy of ZP to test the installation instructions of my new ZP theme, Stoppeddesign, which you can look at here
and download here
, enjoy! ;D