New Theme : zpArdoise

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks, but the link doesn't open. Is there another way to read it's contence?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Remove the comma at the end if opened.
  • Thanks for this nice theme. I really like it, (Together with the 'i feel dirty' theme it is my favorite).

just want to know how to add a 'home'page, like yours. Did you use a menu-manager or was it hard-coded?
  • vincent3569 Member, Translator
    hi

once again :

- to add pages (home, links, guestbook,...) you must activate the plugin zenpage and then you can add the content you want on pages.
    - To create a home page, the created page should be unpublished and the page must be selected in the "home" of the theme (under Options / Theme)

that's all
  • Thank you very much ;)
  • Can you tell me if there is a way to prevent the display of folders which contain no valid images? They currently display with a question mark.

Thanks...
    there is no specific display with zpardoise.
    so if there is no image in the album, or if there is only protected image, the standard display is used
    Hi,

The 1.4.2 zpArdoise release is now avaliable for ZenPhoto 1.4.2

Improvements of this release :
    • Supports new 'Style' option to choose the main color of the theme (dark or light)
    • Supports dynamic-locale plugin, to allow viewers to select the language of their choice (flags are displayed in the header)
    • The login and password pages are displayed with colorbox
    • Code cleanup for more lisibility (renaming of files, and rewrite of css files)
    • Force some options (thumbnail size, thumbnail crop, image size, colorbox,...) and disable to change them
    • Uses some improvements of zenphoto 1.4.2 (read changelog.txt)
    • Some graphical improvements (read changelog.txt)
    • Fix some issues (read changelog.txt)
    Follow the link :
    http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/news/zpArdoise-a-ZenPhoto-ZenPage-theme

Feel free to download and use it, and thanks in advance for your feedback!

Please report bugs on the forum and I will try to fix as soon as possible.
  • Hi Vincent,

your theme is amazing. Just one question: where do you set the width of the images on the image page? The setting is greyed out in the theme options page and when I change it in themoptions.php it has no effect.

Kind regards,
    Peter
    I don't know the theme but apparently it respectively the author choose to set a fixed size on the theme itself for layout reasons. So you will have to edit the theme to change it.
  • When I change the default settings in the themeoptions.php they only become active once I make a copy of the entire theme and activate the copy. Is that a cache thing?
    No, as I said already
    I don't know the theme but apparently it respectively the author choose to set a fixed size on the theme itself for layout reasons

• Found it! The options are disabled in themeoptions.php - silly me :)
    hi

yes, default value for image size is 700 px and this option is disabled in admin.

for me, this size is enough to see the image with good quality.
    you can choose to display the full image in colorbox, as I did on my web site.
    Hi,

The 1.4.3 zpArdoise release is now avaliable for ZenPhoto 1.4.3

Major improvements of 1.4.3 release

* Add Dutch translation: thanks to Fred Sondaar (fretzl)
    * Update German translation: thanks to Malte Müller (acrylian)
    * Improvements to be compliant with ZenPhoto 1.4.3 (read changelog.txt)
    * Some graphical improvements (read changelog.txt)
    * Fix some issues (read changelog.txt)

Hi,

The 1.4.4 zpArdoise release is now avaliable for ZenPhoto 1.4.4

Major improvements of this release:
    • Supports favoritesHandler plugin, to allow registred users to manage their favorites (albums and pictures)
    • Support ZenPhoto capabilities on displaying protected images
    • Add Polish translation: thanks to Pawel Kowalczyk
    • Improvements to be compliant with ZenPhoto 1.4.4 (read changelog.txt)
    Hi,

The 1.4.5 zpArdoise release is now avaliable for ZenPhoto 1.4.5

Major improvements of 1.4.5 release :
    • Switch to HTML5
    • Improvements to allow slideshows in Favorites (use improvements of zenphoto 1.4.5)
    • Improvements on galleriffic scripts to be compliant with jQuery 1.9.1 (use .on() rather than .live(), add some JS code to replace .browser())
    • Improvements to be compliant with new contact, comment and register forms and with other ZenPhoto 1.4.5 new features (read changelog.txt)
    • Improvements to be compliant with colorbox 1.4.5 plugin
    • Improvements to use RSS plugin
    Please read http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/news/zpArdoise-a-ZenPhoto-ZenPage-theme
  • Ganesh Member
    Hi Vincent,

Apparently the GoogleMap extension does not work using those last versions (1.4.5 for ZenPhoto & zpArdoise).

Does i miss something ?
    hi,

the issues of googeMap is not due to zpArdoise.
    I detected 2 issues, now fixed in 1.4.5 support built (but, of course not in official 1.4.5 release).
    https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/issues/461
  • Ganesh Member
    Hi,

Yes i saw, that was just to give you the information.
    hi,

there is a hot fix with my theme to avoid an issue with zenphoto 1.4.5.8.

Hi,

The 1.4.6 zpArdoise release is now avaliable for ZenPhoto 1.4.6.

Major improvements of 1.4.6 release :
    • Supports cacheManager plugin
    • Improvements to be compliant with ZenPhoto 1.4.6 features: deprecated functions, 404 pages management,...
    • Some graphical improvements
    • Fix some issues
    Please read http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/news/zpArdoise-a-ZenPhoto-ZenPage-theme
    Just posted on all our channels, too :-)
    thanks malte
  • Really nice Vincent :)
    I've tried it on RC1 and a beta.
    Seems solid as.
    You will make many people happy.
    The nicest design bit for me is the difference in the border radius between the bottom and the top.
    Such a small thing but ......
  • Hey Vincent !

Thank you very much for your zpArdoise theme !

I've recently upgraded my 1.4.5 zpArdoise version with your 1.4.6 release(running on the 1.4.6 zenphoto release)and I'm now experiencing some troubles...
    In my photo gallery, I have a password protected album. When I click on the lock thumb, I'm as usual redirected to a "password required" page. However, the register form does not show up !

When switching to another theme (Effervescence+, Garland, etc.), it does however work : the form is displayed and I can log in and access the private album.

Any idea why ?
  • gjr Member
    Hello AlfredD,

I believe this theme uses colorbox to display the login form in this instance. Try enabling the colorbox_js plugin, if not already, and see if that gets the form to popup for you.
  • Hello gjr

My Colorbox_js plugin is however already enabled...
    Another bug that may be related : when I enable the "user_login-out" plugin, I'm able to log out when I'm logged in, but not to log in (no password/registration box).

I've tried to use Vincent's orginal screen.css instead of my customed one, just to be sure, and I get the same problem. I'm thus pretty sure the problem comes from the zpArdoise theme (other themes are doing ok), but not from a change in the css. I believe then that something may be wrong in my ZenPhoto option/plugin configuration but I don't know what :-S

Edit : Problem seems to be solved by enabling the "user_login-out" plugin and its "colorbox" option (the "form" option doesn't work) !
    hi,

one information :
    - after some tests, the 1.4.6 zpArdoise release is compatible with ZenPhoto 1.4.7.
    hi,

one information :
    - the 1.4.6 zpArdoise release is compatible with ZenPhoto 1.4.8.